Sometimes I feel a bit overwhelmed by the expanse of the internet – does anybody look past the first page of Google? I have been slowly building a list of the sites I really enjoy, for news and event details and wanted to share them with you. I have been updating my list of blogs and websites (in the middle column), and I still LOVE Nowness and Trendland. However, wanted to highlight these three…
Creative Everyone (screen shot above)
* Best site I have found for events I really want to go to!
* An online calendar, international, with optional diary and recommendation options
* So easy to use – browse by type, date, theme or location
* You have to bookmark this site!
* A network of design websites (including fashion from a deign perspective)
* An amazing source of creative inspiration
* Open to contributors
* Makes me think ‘outside the box’!
* I like the ‘Stories’ tab on this site – read up about fashion history, including stories such as…
…on this day in 2006, Audrey Hepburn’s Breakfast at Tiffany’s LBD was sold for $800, 000
…on this day in 1962, Diana Vreeland was promoted to Editor in Chief of Vogue
…Coco Chanel wins her fight against striking workers
…Paul Poiret held his fabulous 1911 Paris party
*… and more fantastic stories like this, to put fashion in context and for a fun read!