Kensington Roof Gardens is two things – one, a beautiful roof garden akin to a hacienda you might stumble across in Spain (it is totally tropical up there – it is even home to two flamingoes!), and two, it is also home to Babylon, a refined bar with great views over the city. Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love a good view.
I’ve been to the Roof Gardens on the 6th floor for events, and our work Christmas party a couple of years back, but the most interesting thing I did there was see a performance of Romeo and Juliet, perfumed in a hexagonal rose garden part of the roof. This summer, there are all sorts of events going on including live music and BBQs.
If you are heading there for some sunset cocktails or dinner, I would suggest Babylon on the 7th floor. It makes for a brilliant date spot.
Don’t be intimidated to pay this place a visit – it is one of west London’s top spots and a must-see, for sure. Elegantly manicured gardens, hidey-hole nooks and crannies with comfy benches to have a cosy wine in, and a great place to watch the sun set from.
Find out more about Kensington Roof Gardens
It has made me think about all the great sky high venues in London I have been to, which have included…
* The Sky Garden at 20 Fenchurch Street, aka the Walkie Talkie – for a date which featured in Time Out’s Dating page
* The Shard – for events, for dinner, for breakfast and for sunrise yoga!
* The BT Tower – for an event
* The bar at Centre Point (now sadly closed) – for drinks
* The Heron Tower – to visit the amazing Duck & Waffle
* The Terrace at St Pauls’ One New Change
* The London Eye – does that count?
* The ArcelorMittal Orbit – that must count
I still need to go to lots more. Any suggestions? Let me know…