Changing bags used to be a thing of pure practicality. Over the six years that I have been working in parenting lifestyle magazines, I have witnessed a fashionable renaissance. Especially, since the rise of sharing everything on social media has meant everyone is even more keen to ‘pimp’ areas of their lives that they maybe hadn’t considered necessary before.
It all now means that, if you have always carried a nice leather handbag before you had a baby, you can carry one after you’ve had a baby, too. Just because you need to pack a mountain of baby paraphernalia, it doesn’t mean waving ‘buh-bye’ to your sense of style – the two just don’t have to mutually exclusive, any more.
Don’t miss… NEW: The baby ‘changing bags’ from JEM + BEA that you will ‘need’
Key thing when working with kids = find distractions…
One of the best things about working as a fashion assistant on a magazine is getting involved in the photo shoots. I assisted Linda McLean, (founder of kids’ designer fashion blog, Smudgetikka), on many fashion shoots when Junior magazine, (which I now edit online), existed as a print magazine. Since it moved online only, I just haven’t had the time to work on photo shoots. But I recently decided, ‘sod it’. The changing bags I was seeing come in to the office and on Instagram were just far too beautiful not to share. And who needs to sleep, anyway?
So, you can see my full changing bag photo shoot on Junior. And here, below, are some of the outtakes that I would like to share with you, modelled by my friend’s beautiful 16-month-old baby, Beatrice. These are my nine favourite ‘of the moment’ luxury changing bags, but there are lots and lots of great ones around, and if you have any other favourites, please do let me know by commenting below. Hopefully, there will be lots more photo shoots for both Junior and FashCatherine, coming soon…
1. (below) Bellamy Baby Leopard tote, £219
2. (below) Pacapod Jasper changing bag, £225
3. (below) Noa Storksak changing bag, £75
4. (below) Tiba + Marl Elwood floral rucksack, £115
5. (below) Farah black ‘grab and go’, JEM + BEA, £115
6. (below) BabyBeau Grab and Go clutch, £69.99
9. (below) Colby Coco Bow by Motherknot rucksack, £195
Thank you to Bea, mum Claire and Basil and Dolly, the cats. Please do not use photographs without express written permission: email@example.com
You can also email Catherine with regards to shoot/styling commissions. Read more about working with FashCatherine, here.
Read more kids’ fashion articles…
- [NEWS] The softest of shoes for the smallest of feet: Bimble Shoes
- 16 of the CUTEST kids’ and baby fashion pieces at Mothercare for fall 2016 [PREVIEW]
- 8 of the best girls’ shoes as seen at AlexandAlexa for autumn winter 2016 [PREVIEW]
- Marks & Spencer’s kids and babywear is FANTASTIC! See my top fall 2016 highlights [PICTURES]
- NEW: The baby changing bags you will ‘need’ [PICTURES]
- ENTER OUR PETIT PAI COMPETITION