In the first of what will become a regular posting every Friday on Peachy Keen, make-up artist at Bare Escentuals (and PK blogger), Elizabeth, will be giving step-by-step tutorials on gorgeous looks you can achieve with bareMinerals products.
The first look is perfect for the autumn; a gorgeous combination of warm and rustic colours that blend together naturally. Easy to achieve, the look can be worn softly for day time or built up for a stronger ‘party’ look. The bareMinerals products are described using their product name e.g ‘Panther eyeshimmer’
Tip: When going for a stronger look on the eyes, apply eye make-up before doing your complexion so you can easily wipe away any dropped eyeshadow.
1. Apply a small amount of brightening eyelid primer over the entire lid of the eye, from lash line blended up to brow bone (apply bronzed twig -golden brown – eyelid primer on lid up to crease of the eye for stronger look).
2. Sweep Panther (bronze) eyeshimmer colour over the eyelid from inner corner to the crease of the lid.
3. Using a smaller blending brush (tapered or synthetic hair is good to blend) apply rich burgundy colour Here Kitty along the lash line to the outer corner and up into the crease contour – stipple the colour on and blend in a circular motion from the outer corner pressing into the crease.
4. Apply highlighter Queen Phyllis (soft gold) with a soft brush along the crease to blend any lines from the previous colours and up to the brow bone. Take a small amount into the inner corner of the eye to brighten and open up the eyes.
5. Use a dark warm brown eyeliner like Big & Bright Espresso to line the upper and lower lash line – apply to the table of the eye to add definition. Using Plum colour eyeliner as an alternative will make blue eyes look bluer.
6. Wipe away any dropped eyeshadow and apply the perfect base complexion, use a smaller brush when working near the eyes to avoid smudging.
7. Use a warm colour highlighter or radiance over a dusky pink blusher to tie in with the eye colours, blending it over the lips as well to subtly add shape.
8. Finish with two coats of black mascara and a nude or soft bronze colour gloss, like Samantha or Sugar Buxom.