In the third of our make up series with bareEscentuals make up artist, Elizabeth Hudson, we find out how to create the perfect smokey eye…
A simple look, with a fresh glowing complexion and suitably smokey eyes. Perfect for a few bevvies with the girls, soft enough for an understated first date, this look is easy and quick to achieve. Introducing green adds a touch of elegance and glamour, and prevents the look from becoming dull.
Step by step:
1. Apply Urban Nature eyelid primer (petrol colour – moss green/purple) over the lid of the eye, apply with a small brush and take into a thick flick on the outer corners of the eyes.
2. Use Gracious eyeclour (dark teal green) over the eyelid up to the crease of the eye and slightly along the lower lash line in the outer corner.
3. Blend highlighter colour Siren (mint green) from inner corner up to the brow softly in circular motions.
4. Use Pussycat shimmer (brown gold) with a small contour brush to shape into the crease contour and blend into a flick on the outer corners.
5. Line upper and lower lash lines with Big & Bright Intense Black eyeliner, thicker on the outer corners of the eyes, and blend with the small brush used to apply Pussycat.
6. Apply a natural base with a soft peachy blush like First Class with a subtle shimmer. To really give your skin a healthy glow, blend new Brightening Pearl Mineral Veil around brows and eyes, over cheekbones and down the centre of the face.
7. Pop two coats of black mascara on and a nude lip colour such as new lip stain Pretty Amazing in Savvy (warm beige).
Tip: Don’t go crazy with flicks on the outer corners of the eyes unless they are defined and sweep upwards. Any flicks sloping downwards will make eyes look sleepy and droopy, so pull the eyelid taught slightly from the brow and take the flick to a point where the upper and lower lashes just meet.